Friday, July 29, 2011

If Not Now, When?

Last night, I was lucky enough to watch Incubus (for the third time!) at the Araneta Coliseum with my good friends M and P. I'm still recovering from the thrill of seeing them again.

Quick thoughts:

1. I love watching rock concerts, because the people who go there are true fans. Last night was especially poignant - everyone was singing along to almost all of the songs! It felt like Rockeoke night (complete with drunken crazed fans).

2. I love Kylie and all, but Incubus proved that with great music, you don't need any flashy gimmicks to entertain. All you need is pure great music.

3. Bands constantly evolve, but I've noticed that great bands retain a certain quality, a je ne sais quoi that will always identify and set them apart. Incubus may have mellowed down recently, but the sound is still undeniably them. Oh, and lest anyone doubt their ability to rock, they can still dish out mad tunes like Sick Sad Little World and make everyone in the venue jump up and down and rock out like silly teenagers. Hell yeah.

4. Oh and yeah, I love Brandon Boyd. Love love LOVE him. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment