Monday, April 19, 2010

Bill O'Reilly: Theology makes Catholic Church what it is

Bill O'Reilly: Theology makes Catholic Church what it is

He may not be the most agreeable person in the world, and I certainly can't stand his political views, but I agree with his views on this matter 100%. Indeed, one cannot judge a whole institution based on a couple of miscreants. As the priest said in his homily yesterday afternoon, the Catholic Church is one of the few institutions that can pride itself for remaining true to the teachings of Christ. And for this reason, I will remain faithful to my church.

This is not to say that I condone the abuses committed by some members of the clergy. I believe that they should be prosecuted and, when convicted, be held accountable for their actions. But to condemn the entire Church, and to renounce one's faith, based on these individuals is both absurd and illogical. It would be tantamount to renouncing one's citizenship on the basis of the crimes committed by one's head of state.

No comments:

Post a Comment